Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not showing in iTunes After 12.1.1.4 update

I had my Apple TV and Home Computer running fine with Home Sharing and after a recent update to iTunes 12.1.1.4 my Home Sharing stopped working. I have tried to downgrade my iTunes update but I cant go back. I keep getting errors when trying to install version 12.0. I did a restore on my Apple TV but that didn't work. I am not seeing my Apple TV or even anything under Airplay from my Computer. Anyone have anything that I could try?

AppleTV 2, Windows 7, iTunes 12.1.1.4

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 2:25 PM

11 replies

Mar 11, 2015 8:01 AM in response to perezstudios

Hello perezstudios,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are not seeing your Apple TV in AirPlay from iTunes on your computer. In this situation, I would recommend reading over the attached article for assistance in troubleshooting this issue.

iTunes: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring - Apple Support

If the AirPlay icon doesn’t appear in iTunes

Ensure that you followed these steps to use AirPlay in iTunes.

If the AirPlay icon User uploaded file still doesn't appear, try one of the following steps:

• If you want to AirPlay to an Apple TV, ensure that AirPlay is enabled on the Apple TV. From the Apple TV main menu, go to Settings > AirPlay. This should be set to On.
  • If you want to AirPlay to an Airport Express, ensure that AirPlay is enabled in the device settings.
  • If you want to AirPlay to a 3rd party AirPlay-enabled device, refer to the user guide.

Have a great day,

Joe

Mar 11, 2015 12:55 PM in response to AppleJoe

Joe,

Thanks for the comment but the help you posted is for someone that is new to technology and since I have gotten nowhere with the help of Apple I had to do some testing of my own.

I used my daughters MacBook Pro and setup iTunes which is running an older version on it and Airplay works fine. I was able to see the shared library from her computer and stream music to my Apple TV.

This is telling me that there is something wrong with the Apple iTunes update that I installed (12.1.1.4). I have tried to reinstall and even completely uninstall and reinstall and nothing. The only option I have is to hope that Apple can come up with another update that will solve the problem or switch to a Roku.

Thanks Joe,

Perez

Mar 14, 2015 11:41 AM in response to perezstudios

I have a similar issue. For 2 years I've running 2 Airplay devices which are used to feed a whole house audio system via iTunes running on Win7. Since the iTunes 12.1.1.4 upgrade, the Airplay devices are no longer available in iTunes on the Win7 machine. Nothing else has changed. All my other devices (2 iPads and 2 iPhones) are still able to see and use the 2 Airplay devices. This does appear to be a 12.1.1.4 bug.

May 19, 2015 12:58 PM in response to perezstudios

I am experiensing that the Intel driver version is important.

I have Intel dual band Wireless n 7260 wifi adapter. Windows 8.1 64-bit with newest patches. Newest Apple Airport Extreme router. Newest Apple TV. Newest iTunes.

Apple Airport Extreme configured with both 2,4 ghz and 5 ghz using the same ssid name,

I have found one solution that does not require messing with details that it should not be necessary to mess with.

Use Intel drivers from the 16-series (e.g. 16.5.3.6) instead of the newer 17-series of drivers.

Then it Works even with the newest iTunes versions.

Jul 19, 2015 12:08 AM in response to Cool700

I disabled IPV6 and restarted Bonjour and iTunes and it worked right away, a nasty fix but who uses IPV6 anyway.... Normal Apple solution, "buy a case", "disable IPV6"... Why can't another company come up with something that just work?!... Apple is ********, but it's all we got, I don't care what the Linux and Android wackos say... and I'm a Linux wacko....

Apple TV not showing in iTunes After 12.1.1.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.