Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad air 2 will no longer show on my projector, what happened?

IT was working when I was showing dr. Seuss videos on Friday, but now it won't show anything. The old iPad works just fine.

iPad Air, iPad air 2

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 4:52 PM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2015 7:24 AM in response to Mrs. Leaks

Try doing a hard reset on the iPad. You can also check if your iPad needs to be updated too.

To update go to Settings - General - Software Update

To do a hard reset, i would suggest you do a back up first, either on iCloud or via iTunes.

First try shutting down the device off and on, if that does not help, then you can go ahead and do the hard reset.

Hard Resetting your device.

On your iPad, press and hold both the SLEEP/WAKE button and the HOME button for about ten (10) seconds. After ten seconds you should see the Apple logo showing up, you can then release your fingers from those buttons. Wait for your iPad to turn up completely, then try connecting your projector again to see if it works. I hope it does. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

May 5, 2015 10:53 AM in response to Mrs. Leaks

Thank you BeéLovedEst! I just wish I had known this before going to Apple thinking I had a defective lightning to VGA adapter. This issue had caused glitches in three PowerPoint classroom sessions (thumb drive for laptop backup saved the day). I ordered a replacement and THAT didn't work, or so I thought. The Hard Reset solved the issue so now I have two working adapters (and out $53.00).

My iPad air 2 will no longer show on my projector, what happened?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.