Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded iphone 5 to iphone 6, how do I recover my voicemail?

I'm so disappointed and frustrated. I recently upgraded to an iphone 6 and tried to recover my voicemails that were saved on my iphone 5 and now, they are no where to be found. I set up my VM on my new iphone (6) and it says I have NO messages. I checked my iphone 5 and it also says "To retrieve a voicemail first set up a password and greeting." My saved voicemails are gone. This is very sentimental for me because I just lost my father and saved all of his voicemails.😢 I wanted to keep them and now they are gone.😟 Prior to connecting the new iphone, I spoke with a Verizon rep and he told me that my voicemails would carry over with no problem. However, unfortunately that did not happen. I would have never changed phones if I knew that I was not going to be able to keep my dad's voicemails. Can anyone help? Is there a way to retrieve them? Please.

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 5:54 PM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2015 6:00 PM in response to preshr

preshr wrote:

Prior to connecting the new iphone, I spoke with a Verizon rep and he told me that my voicemails would carry over with no problem. However, unfortunately that did not happen. I would have never changed phones if I knew that I was not going to be able to keep my dad's voicemails. Can anyone help? Is there a way to retrieve them? Please.

Voice mails do transfer offer 99% of the time. You should contact Verizon's customer service as soon as possible to see if they voice mail is still accessible.

Upgraded iphone 5 to iphone 6, how do I recover my voicemail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.