Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i don't use iCloud, why are my iPhoto photos being put into an iPhoto Library in my camera roll?

I do not have iCloud enabled for my photos and I do that on purpose. I recently went through all my my iPhoto albums on my laptop to delete some pictures to gain more storage on my macbook. 3 days later I plugged my phone into my laptop to charge it while I did homework. I checked my phone to discover that over 700 photos in an album called "iPhoto Library.photolibrary..." Some of the photos in this album are ones that I deleted during my "deleting spree" three days ago, while others are still present in my iPhoto library. I can not delete the album, or delete the pictures individually inside the album. I want them off my phone since it is taking up space. Help because this is stupid.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 10:14 PM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2015 12:28 AM in response to finnyfinnfinn

When you connected your iPhone to USB, probably iTunes launched and synced your iPhoto Library to to the iPhone, i.e. the last opened iPhoto Library, see this link: iOS: Syncing photos using iTunes

Synced photos will appear in an album called "photo library" and cannot be deleted on the device, only by syncing again.

To delete synced photos and videos from your device

1. In iTunes, click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first.)
  2. Click the Photos tab in the resulting window.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    Note: To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

If i don't use iCloud, why are my iPhoto photos being put into an iPhoto Library in my camera roll?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.