Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fingerprint technology and macbook

My wish, if apple monitor these groups is;

That they introduce fingerprint recognition on the macbook and macbook air and let the user select that use instead of the horrible apple id, the number of times over the years i have forgotten or changed my id is enormous.

Also better still if they do a plug in finger print device so that you can move it from device to device.

I have had apples since they were introduced into the UK, now on the latest macbook air, which i love. At the age of 63 my memory isn't the best BUT a fingerprint recognition has got to be the next big thing.

It's been tried on other platforms and works, my old windows machine used to have it so whats the wait apple?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 12:36 AM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2015 4:39 AM in response to g4jnw

g4jnw wrote:

My wish, if apple monitor these groups is;

Apple doesn't monitor these groups.

That they introduce fingerprint recognition on the macbook and macbook air and let the user select that use instead of the horrible apple id, the number of times over the years i have forgotten or changed my id is enormous.

The current fingerprint sensors don't work that way. They are tied to a specific device which is then associated with your Apple ID. I doubt the fingerprint would help at all if you forget your Apple ID password. Apple takes great pains to show that your fingerprint never leaves the device. Apple IDs will still rule the world for the foreseeable future.

Also better still if they do a plug in finger print device so that you can move it from device to device.

How about if Apple meets you halfway and requires that you buy an entirely new device instead? That's more Apple's speed.

I have had apples since they were introduced into the UK, now on the latest macbook air, which i love. At the age of 63 my memory isn't the best BUT a fingerprint recognition has got to be the next big thing.

It's been tried on other platforms and works, my old windows machine used to have it so whats the wait apple?

I think Apple would respond that it has a number of fine devices that have fingerprint recognition and you haven't bought any of them. What's the wait g4jnw? 🙂

fingerprint technology and macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.