Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 screengate/popgate issue. (Philippines)

So i noticed that my iphone has a screengate/popgate issue after 3 months of having it, will apple replace my phone? or will they repair it? My phone has never been dropped or placed on my pocket. I'm in the Philippines btw.

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 4:18 AM

16 replies

Mar 10, 2015 7:01 AM in response to JCDumdumaya

How can I tell if my iPhone is in-warranty?

Apple's Limited Warranty for iPhone begins on the date that the iPhone is originally purchased and covers the iPhone for one year from that date. To determine your warranty coverage, find your iPhone serial number or IMEI and either enter it in Apple's Check Your Service and Support Coverage tool or contact your carrier. Your carrier may need to examine the original sales receipt for your iPhone or another valid proof-of-purchase document to verify your iPhone's warranty status.

Note: The service coverage information described at the Apple Support site is based on the date-of-purchase information available to Apple, depending on when or whether you registered your product or if you purchased it from an Apple Authorized Reseller.

How do I obtain service for my iPhone?

The iPhone support site has troubleshooting articles to help you solve your iPhone issue on your own. If you have reviewed those articles and still need service for your iPhone, you can contact your carrier. Note: There may be a fee for diagnostic service. Please do not send any accessories with your iPhone because they will not be returned to you.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone /Philippines

You can also use this link to find anAuthorized Apple Service Provider or Apple Store in the Philippines

Mar 10, 2015 7:16 AM in response to JCDumdumaya

If your phone has not been dropped, water damaged or opened by somebody else, Apple will service your phone at no costs.

How much will my in-warranty service cost?

Warranty service for eligible repairs is available at no charge for twelve months from the date of purchase. After you return the iPhone that needs service, Apple will examine the iPhone to confirm that the failure is covered by Apple warranty.

What type of damages are not covered by my warranty?

Apple's Limited Warranty for iPhone excludes coverage for damage resulting from accident, disassembly, unauthorized service and unauthorized modifications. Please review the warranty for further details.

An iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service may be eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service. For example, an iPhone that has failed due to damage or liquid damage is ineligible for warranty service but eligible for OOW service. However, certain damage is ineligible for OOW service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications. Please see Apple's Repair Terms And Conditions for further details. Refer to this article to check if the Liquid Contact indicator on your product has been triggered.

If your iPhone is not eligible for warranty service, you may wish to contact your carrier for other options.

Does Apple warranty cover my iPhone service?

If defects arise as a result of service, Apple will cover the repair for the remaining term of the iPhone's warranty or 90 days after iPhone service, whichever provides longer coverage for you.

Mar 11, 2015 4:36 AM in response to JCDumdumaya

According to the Service page for the Philippines, you may have to pay for diagnostic service:

Service

How do I obtain service for my iPhone?

The iPhone support site has troubleshooting articles to help you solve your iPhone issue on your own. If you have reviewed those articles and still need service for your iPhone, you can contact your carrier. Note: There may be a fee for diagnostic service. Please do not send any accessories with your iPhone because they will not be returned to you.

Iphone 6 screengate/popgate issue. (Philippines)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.