Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Final Cut Pro, Quicktime and iDVD won't play movies and I can't import new footage on any of these softwares.

I can't play or import footage on Final Cut Pro, Quicktime or iDVD.

Final Cut Pro 6, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Quicktime and iDVD

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 12:48 PM

8 replies

Mar 10, 2015 1:36 PM in response to Michaeljewell33

What video camera are you using and do you know the file format it shoots in?

Is the video camera/format a Mac compatible one? Not all video cameras are.

Are you you streaming the video from the camera though USB, Thunderbolt or FireWire into FC or QT? If USB, is this USB 2 or USB 3?

You can't import video footage into iDVD. iDVD is a for final rendering/authoring of a DVD disc.

Mar 10, 2015 2:09 PM in response to Michaeljewell33

i do not understand, if this is a DVD already, are you trying to play the video on the DVD or import the footage from it to edit it?

Is it a DVD or Blu-Ray disc as Macs do not do Blu-Ray natively.

If this is a personal/home created DVD and you are trying to "rip" the DVD, try downloading, installing and using Handbrake to convert the DVD data to a format that QT or Final Cut can import and convert.

https://handbrake.fr/news.php

If you are trying to "rip" commercially created and distributed DVDs, per the terms of use of this website,we cannot discuss how to do this.

Mar 10, 2015 2:33 PM in response to MichelPM

I use iDVD to make copies of footage I already shot on the original DVD. I transfer footage from Final Cut Pro to iDVD to make a DVD. I can't do any of that The screen reads "Media Offline" on Final Cut Pro and I can't reconnect the Media, I tried I can't click or highlight the files in the finder because they are in gray print instead off black. whether I am trying to import footage I shot from a DVD to Final Cut Pro or Quicktime because it all goes back to the finder with the files I can't click on.

Mar 10, 2015 3:15 PM in response to Michaeljewell33

I was never aware that you can directly use files off of a rendered/finalised DVD in either iDVD, iMovie, Quicktime OR Final Cut.

I, usually, have to rip the DVD data from the disc using Handbrake, first, before being able to use the data from the DVD in ANY video editor.

Have you tried using Handbrake to extract the data off of the DVD?

This is the only way I know to use video footage off of a finalised/authored DVD.

Perhaps you should post your issues in the Final Cut, iDVD and QuickTime forums.

I think you are going to get similar answers, though, unless I am missing something.

My Final Cut Pro, Quicktime and iDVD won't play movies and I can't import new footage on any of these softwares.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.