Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone explain icloud in plain english

I Just can't get my head around Icloud and how it works, I'm assuming now that I've paid 79p a month whatever photos i take on my iPhone with automatically be beamed to my iPad and iMac and vice versa, but when i took a photo with my iPhone to test it, nothing on my iPad appears and what is the deal with photostream?i turned on iCloud beta switch off and on again and it said it started uploading 1000 odd photos even though it did that last night, uploading it to where? and if i did it last night why does it need to do it againUser uploaded file

any ideas?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 12:32 PM

9 replies

Mar 10, 2015 1:02 PM in response to Steveohim

You only need to enable My PhotoStream if you want to easily share photos with others as well as have access to your photos on devices that do not have the hard copies saved on them taking up storage space.

Since you don't specify exactly what you don't get, then it's hard to help you. Maybe you need to spend time reading all the links while applying some dedicated thought time.

Mar 10, 2015 1:10 PM in response to Kappy

i don't want to share with anyone i just want all the photos I've ever taken with my 5s(my current phone)to be visible on my iMac as well as my iPad. i don't want photos disappearing after 30 days, so if i disable photo stream iCloud library will still beam them to my other devices and still be there after 30 days?

Can someone explain icloud in plain english

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.