Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to iOS 8 and can't connect to projector

I just updated my ipad to iOS 8.2 and can no longer connect to a projector. I am getting this error message. But the settings page indicates my OS updated successfully. How do I resolve this?User uploaded file

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 12:55 PM

11 replies

Mar 14, 2015 2:02 AM in response to marianne140

I can understand if you only read the friendly URL, you can imagine you have to jailbreak your device, but if you spend 1 minute reading the article, you'll see the steps to downgrade to 8.1.3.

1. Head over to this page and download iOS 8.1.3 IPSW for your iOS device. Ensure that you download the correct IPSW firmware according to the model number of your device. Installing the incorrect firmware could damage the iOS device. The download size of these files ranges from 1.5GB to 2GB. Therefore, downloading the firmware will take some time
  2. Once you have the correct iOS firmware version downloaded, plug your iOS device to the computer using USB cable
  3. Launch iTunes
  4. Navigate to the device's summary page and hold the Option/Alt on the keyboard. Or, Shift if you are using Windows
  5. While holding the key combination mentioned above, click Restore in iTunes
  6. Browse to the location where you have saved the IPSW file and open it. Now iTunes will begin restoring your iPhone/iPad and install iOS 8.1.3

I did it and it works fine again !!

Mar 14, 2015 10:51 AM in response to c314t

Those instructions are making use of the fact that Apple does not immediately disable old OS versions. If you do want to reinstall 8.1.3, without jailbreaking, you would need to do that very soon. Otherwise, Apple will stop validating the downloads and you will be stuck on 8.2.

I had originally planned to keep my iPhone 5C on 7.1. But I am a developer and was having some trouble with an app not running on 7.1 so I went ahead and updated. That was a mistake. 8.1 runs OK, but with noticeably reduced performance and higher memory usage. Unless you truly, sincerely NEED to update your iOS device, my advice is don't do it.

Updated to iOS 8 and can't connect to projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.