Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.2 bugs (Dictation and Facebook app)

Not sure where to report these, but here are some iOS 8.2 bugs...

• voice dictation often types out, but then deletes, the last couple of words in a dictated phrase.
  • voice dictation is underlining certain words in blue for no obvious reason
  • using voice dictation in Word, you can see it type it out correctly, but when you stop talking, it indents what you said, and removes the last couple of words from the end of the phrase
  • The Facebook app freezes (it never did before). The only fix is to close it, and then re-open it.

Does anyone know where I can officially report this stuff (without me having to learn how to be an Apple Developer!)

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 12:36 PM

13 replies

Mar 10, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Sushi-X37

Sushi-X37 wrote:

How about missing ringtones? I noticed today that a ringtone I purchased through iTunes is now missing after the update.

Note: yours is a totally different issue, I suggest you start a new thread next time instead of thread hijacking.

You need to use Transfer Purchases when you connect Apple device to the computer iTunes to save the ringtones you bought directly.

If you did, you can sync the ringtones after the update. You cannot re-download ringtones for free.

Same for AudioBooks.

Mar 10, 2015 2:36 PM in response to etresoft

etresoft wrote:

Sushi-X37 wrote:

How about missing ringtones? I noticed today that a ringtone I purchased through iTunes is now missing after the update.

You, too, can file a bug. Try to restore your ringtone through iTunes. If you can't do that, file another bug.

Audiobooks, ringtones, and tones

If you made a backup of these items on your Mac or PC, you can sync the items to your iOS device. You can't download these items again from iTunes in the Cloud.

Mar 10, 2015 2:42 PM in response to Sushi-X37

Sushi-X37 wrote:

This is a discussion about bugs in 8.2

It used to be such a hassle to discuss bugs. They were always in beta versions and if you mentioned anything beta in this forum your post would get deleted, or worse.

But Apple did listen and has made it easier to discuss bugs. Apple now releases these bugs to the general public so that we can more easily discuss them. Kudos to Apple!

Mar 11, 2015 12:14 AM in response to mangoesbananas

I have also noticed bugs with and had issues with iOS 8.2 on my iPhone 6. Particularly with the the Music app.

Initially, after updating my iPhone 6 to iOS 8.2, it seemed to be working fine. However, then I connected it to my computer (Sony VAIO running Windows 7) via USB cable because I wanted to transfer new music from my iTunes library to my iPhone. My iPhone, before I connected it to my computer, had about 5000 songs on it. However, after my iPhone 6 synced with iTunes, all of a sudden the amount of songs on my iPhone went down to about 2500 songs. When I looked through the Music App, I realized that only the music I had purchased from iTunes remained on my iPhone, while music ripped from my CD collection had somehow been deleted. I ended up having to transfer my whole iTunes music library to my iPhone again! This issue has to have something to do with updating to iOS 8.2, because it has never happened to me before, and iTunes hasnt been updated lately, and is running the latest Windows 7 version, iTunes 12.1.1

After finally transfering all my music back on my iPhone again, I then started noticing a major bug within the iPhone Music App. The incorrect Artist Info is displayed for many songs I purchased from iTunes. For example, I have the album "My Everything (Deluxe)" by Ariana Grande on my iPhone. Only one song from the album, "Love Me Harder", is by the artists "Ariana Grande & The Weeknd" and supposed to display as such in the artist info section in the music app. However, 13 of the 15 tracks from the album all incorrectly display "Ariana Grande & The Weeknd" in the artist info for each track in the Music App (the exception being the track "Bang Bang" which actually does display the correct artist info for that song). All these songs display the correct info on iTunes, and I even tried removing the album, and then retransfering it back to my iPhone, to no avail. This bug occurs on many tracks and albums I've purchased from iTunes, but only in the iPhone Music App, and only started after updating to iOS 8.2. Tracks ripped from my CD collection seem to be unaffected by this issue.

iOS 8.2 bugs (Dictation and Facebook app)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.