Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On iMovie 10.0.7 how can I change the duration of all of my photos in the project at once?

On iMovie 10.0.7 how can I change the duration of all of my photos in the project at once?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 1:15 PM

3 replies

Mar 10, 2015 2:20 PM in response to zahenke24

I currently am changing the time individually on all TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY photos because iMovie *****. Also it is a Stop Motion video therefore I need each photo to have a duration of .6-.4 seconds but it lets me drag it down to about 6 seconds then it jumps down to .1, excuse me while I burn my Mac and never use iMovie again. 10/10 would not recommend using iMovie. Unless you want to gauge your eyes out, then go ahead and give it your best shot.

Mar 10, 2015 4:49 PM in response to zahenke24

You can set the default duration of stills but you have to do it before you start the project.

iMovie is not really suitable for stop motion videos and iMovie 10 is worse than iMovie 9 because the minimum still duration is not really controllable as you have found. I don't have experience of making such videos but there are 3rd party apps which appear more suited to this, for example http://www.macworld.com/article/1146623/stop_motion_Mac.html

mentions some of them, though its a bit old and you may be able to find more up to date information.

Geoff.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.