Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of unwanted popups

Every time I open a website, there are annoying popups that would show up. Sometimes it would also ask me to allow or trust a certificate, which I am unsure of. I would really want to get rid of them because I am quite concerned that it may be a virus or something. I just wanted any advice whether I can do something about it on my own or do I have to go to the apple store to get further help.

Please help!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 1:48 PM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2015 3:29 PM in response to mjkawaii

Sometimes it would also ask me to allow or trust a certificate, which I am unsure of.

You should never permit the installation of something you are unsure of.

You may have inadvertently installed adware. You do not need to download or install anything to fix it.

For a description of how this may have occurred, how to avoid it in the future, and for Apple's recommended actions read How to install adware. Apple's instructions are linked in the Recovery Procedure near the end of that document. Read and follow them carefully. Pay particular attention to the easily overlooked passages directing you to restart your Mac when required.

How to get rid of unwanted popups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.