Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi: No Hardware Installed

So I just updated my MacBook pro with the latest Security Update 2015-002 on March 10 2015 and now I have no WiFi hardware intstalled? I was just using the WiFi right before the update. Is there a way to undo the newest update?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 4:16 PM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2015 5:08 PM in response to stellardig

In some cases, this issue is caused by a hardware fault. A loose connection, a short circuit, or a microscopic break in a solder joint may open and close depending on temperature, making the failure intermittent.

Test after taking each of the following steps that you haven't already taken. Back up all data before making any changes.

1. Turn off Bluetooth. If you have a desktop Mac, you'll need a wired keyboard and mouse to take this step. Those are useful to have anyway, because Bluetooth is not completely reliable. If Wi-Fi works with Bluetooth turned off but not when you turn it back on, delete all pairings in the Bluetooth preference pane and recreate them. Restart the computer and test again.

2.. There are a few reports that the problem was solved by unchecking the box marked

Wake for Wi-Fi network access

in the Power Adapter tab of the Energy Saver preference pane. I can't confirm.

3. Reset the NVRAM.

4. Reset the System Management Controller.

5. Start up in Recovery mode. In the menu bar of the OS X Utilities screen, there's a Wi-Fi menu. Try to connect.

6. Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

WiFi: No Hardware Installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.