Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I edit my photos on my iPhone?

For some reason, none of my photos can be edited.

Recently, I had to fully restore my phone with a fresh copy of iOS 8.1.3 due to problems regarding mail. I had to restore the phone and set it up as a brand new phone. All my photos were in perfect sync before, but now all the photos taken from before this restore show up with an error message when I try to edit them:

"This photo is not editable

Do you want to duplicate it and edit a copy?"

No, I don't want to duplicate it and edit a copy. I want to know why my photos are not editable on my photos app on my iPhone. There are also some photos that I had deleted showing up again. No idea why.

I also cannot delete many of the photos, as the trash icon is gone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3, 64GB Space Grey

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 6:26 PM

This is rather annoying.... Has anyone ever had this issue?

13 replies

Mar 30, 2015 9:31 AM in response to norahcarroll

I am trying to edit photos anywhere but the camera roll. I can edit camera roll photos, but I cannot edit photos on albums on my phone. The photos are definitely on my phone, but I can't edit them unless they are on my camera roll. Don't think this has happened before, but then again I've never attempted to put photos on a new phone (registered as a new phone) rather than restoring from a backup. Oh well, most of those are less important anyway.

Mar 30, 2015 10:29 AM in response to Rald

I was reading this thread and thought that something was weird. I have lots of photos in albums and have no trouble editing any of them. ??? Perhaps this is because I do not use itunes to sync my photos? I use either a wi-fi transfer app or import from my camera memory card to get photos onto my ipad. I have photos in albums that do NOT have a copy in the camera roll, but do exist in either the all imported or imported albums. In all cases, I can edit any photo from any album. ????

Why can't I edit my photos on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.