Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete iWatch App

How can I delete the iWatch app? I thought the latest iOS update was focused on "critical security updates" not bundled spam ad-ons.

My phone is full of BS apps that I can't delete, taking precious GB. My "useless apps" page is now two pages.

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 3:44 AM

38 replies

Mar 13, 2015 5:11 PM in response to stedman1

Sted, you're missing the point. Completely. I don't need Apple to choose my apps for me.

Since you asked, the ones from my "useless apps" pages that come to mind are notes, contacts, calendar, tips, nike, podcasts, health, stocks, maps, reminders, passbook, newsstand, books, passbook, clock, and safari. Now, the latest one: watch. Is there anyone that can tell me why Apple would bundle an app that no one can use?

I'm not saying that no one should use these apps. I don't use them, and I don't want them taking up space on my phone. If they're truly useful, users would download them from the app store.

In response to your question "if you are using so few, why did you purchase a smartphone?" I'm NOT using "so few" apps. I'm using so few bundled undeletable apps. Ones that I find useful are irrelevant. Instead of listing them, I'll propose a counter question: What's the point of calling it an "iPhone" if the user has so little liberty to set it up as he chooses? Maybe it should be called an "Apple smart phone"

Mar 13, 2015 9:21 PM in response to lacarids

lacarids wrote:

In response to your question "if you are using so few, why did you purchase a smartphone?" I'm NOT using "so few" apps. I'm using so few bundled undeletable apps. Ones that I find useful are irrelevant. Instead of listing them, I'll propose a counter question: What's the point of calling it an "iPhone" if the user has so little liberty to set it up as he chooses? Maybe it should be called an "Apple smart phone"

I don't think the "i" in iPhone means what you think it does.

Mar 19, 2015 7:10 PM in response to p645250

p645250 wrote:

I cannot believe the audacity of confiscating more space on my iPhone; repeat, MY iPhone. I'm hoping that a lot of people will complain and Apple with come to realize what an invasion this is. This is starting to make me look at the 'Droid world again.

Before you make your melodramatic exit from the world of Apple products, be sure you check out what comes pre-installed on Android phones.

Apr 18, 2015 9:24 AM in response to lacarids

This is my same question exactly. No one is complaining just for the sake of complaining. Everyone seems to think all things Apple is glittered in gold, but this is a very basic question that should be an easy solution for Apple to solve. I just don't understand why you don't have the option to delete apps that you absolutely don't use. So when people do say, "Well, I'll just get an Android" everyone groans, but it's not out of spite lol. It's simply much less headache.

Apr 18, 2015 1:23 PM in response to Azizzah1125

Azizzah1125 wrote:

Key sentence "No one is complaining for the sake of complaining." Questions and complaints are voiced with the intention of Apple Support reading them and saying, "Hmm, well that might be something we look into since we keep hearing the same things over and over again."

Complaining here is, essentially, complaining for the sake of complaining as Apple doesn't read here. Use the feedback link.

Apr 19, 2015 11:15 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

No Meg, no one has answered the why part of the question yet. Why does Apple bundle undeletable apps? As I stated before, if the apps were truly useful, users would go to the app store to get them. I don't have an iWatch yet, and I don't plan on getting one. I'd rather use the space on my phone for other stuff. If you don't know, don't bother answering the question. Simply replying with a list of reasons that Apple can't do anything wrong isn't helpful.

Delete iWatch App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.