Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ran Security Update 2015-002 Version 1.0 now I cant find my apps or view files under my home folder

I just updated my system with the Security Update 2015-002 and now I cant find any of my applications that were located in my applications folders, even when I go to the folder with my name it will not show any folders. Where did all my stuff go?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 11:28 PM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2015 11:45 PM in response to jacksione

hi Jacksione,

Have a similar problem since installing the same security update, couldn't get many applications to load and those that did are extremely slow... I have had to start my iMac in 'safe mode' to get some sort of use out of my PC... Don't know how to role back this update so I think I'm stuck until the next release comes out.

Hope its soon...

Mar 11, 2015 1:39 PM in response to jacksione

Permission Issues - Troubleshooting

You may need to rebuild permissions on your user account. To do this,boot to your Recovery partition (holding down the Command and R keys while booting) and open Terminal from the Utilities menu. In Terminal, type: ‘resetpassword’ (without the ’s), hit return, and select the admin user. You are not going to reset your password. Click on the icon for your Macs hard drive at the top. From the drop down below it select the user account which is having issues. At the bottom of the window, you'll see an area labeled Restore Home Directory Permissions and ACLs. Click the reset button there. The process takes a few minutes. When complete, restart.

Repair User Permissions

Mar 12, 2015 5:19 PM in response to jacksione

I guess i have the same problem here. I have done all i know to solve it and it's the same. I check HDD permissions, exchanged rams, test hdd, rams and processor, reset PRAM and SMC (System Management Controller) and it stays the same... I will try your suggestion Eric Root, hope it can work for me.

I had already started thinking that my logic board got broken or something burned out....

Ran Security Update 2015-002 Version 1.0 now I cant find my apps or view files under my home folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.