Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to iOS 8.2, messaging application is unstable

I have updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.2 and when I now go into the Messaging application and decide to delete a message thread, the whole messaging application is very slow and then all of a sudden all my message are gone.

This has happened 3 times since I updated and every time it has happened just after I have deleted a message thread, so it seems to be 100% reproducable on my phone.

The only solution I have so far is to reboot the phone after each time my messaging application have deleted my messages. The only problem is that the message thread that I tried to delete comes back together with all the other messages. So in the end, I can never delete a message thread anymore.

Have any one else seen this and maybe have a solution to have to work around this so that you can delete a message thread without running into problems?

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 5:20 AM

I'm having the exact same issue. If I reboot and don't delete any threads, so far it seems to work. I tried going back to 8.1.3, but then it refused to restore everything once I did.

11 replies

Mar 12, 2015 12:30 PM in response to Rappster2

I have upgraded my iPad 2 as well to iOS 8.2, but there I can delete a message thread without any problem. But on my iPhone it is still impossible to delete a message thread without the messaging application behaves strange and then basically deletes all messages, but then they come back after reboot.

Just annoying to not being able to delete messages anymore....specially if you get adverticement messages that you don't want to keep....

I hope this gets known to apple so that they fix it in an upcoming release.

Jun 3, 2015 2:55 AM in response to Rappster2

Thanks for the update! I really hope they are fixing this! I am having so much issues with this, beacuse I want to delete messages frequently and every time my messaging app crashes and it "deletes" all my messages and then after some time or a reboot they come back. But often the message I deleted comes back as well....

After updating to iOS 8.2, messaging application is unstable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.