Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

in app store i get status code error - why?

When wanting to download the App "Lessons for iMovie" in the App store, I get the message: "Status Code Error". Although my apple ID and password are valid and correct. I try to load the app from Germany. Anybody got an idea, why this message appears? And why loading the App thus is denied?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iPhone4 iPad Macbook Air Cinema D.

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 6:09 AM

Hello Michael Mccay,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that on March 11th you were unable to download and connect to the App Store. The iTunes Store services were experiencing issues, specifically when trying to make purchases. You can see the history of the downtime in the link below for March 11. If you continue to have issues making this purchase, please let me know.

Apple - Support - System Status

Take care,

Alex H.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2015 6:09 AM in response to Michael Mccay

Hello Michael Mccay,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that on March 11th you were unable to download and connect to the App Store. The iTunes Store services were experiencing issues, specifically when trying to make purchases. You can see the history of the downtime in the link below for March 11. If you continue to have issues making this purchase, please let me know.

Apple - Support - System Status

Take care,

Alex H.

Mar 16, 2015 5:17 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hello Alex,

thank you.

There has been a second part of my question, regarding my ID in the Apple support community. I am now logged in with my full name. And I like to change this to a username or an abbreviation (just like alex_h1). In the "Edit profile" section, I don't find a way to change this, though. How do I change my username?

Thanks,

Michael

in app store i get status code error - why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.