Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook store temporarily unavailable

TThis May have an obvious answer but will ask anyway. I am trying to purchase and download a book on my iPad and ibook says 'iBook store temporarily unavailable'. This is new to me after many purchases over the years. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 6:58 AM

Howdy lucyandjames,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that on March 11th you were unable to connect to the iBooks Store. The iTunes Store services were experiencing issues at that time, which includes Game Center services, iTunes Store, App Store, and the iBooks Store. You can see the history of the downtime in the link below for March 11. If you continue to have issues connecting, please let me know.

Apple - Support - System Status

Take care,

Alex H.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2015 6:58 AM in response to lucyandjames

Howdy lucyandjames,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that on March 11th you were unable to connect to the iBooks Store. The iTunes Store services were experiencing issues at that time, which includes Game Center services, iTunes Store, App Store, and the iBooks Store. You can see the history of the downtime in the link below for March 11. If you continue to have issues connecting, please let me know.

Apple - Support - System Status

Take care,

Alex H.

iBook store temporarily unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.