Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making particles appear to the beat

I've found a way but it seems inelegant. I have a click track audio file imported, just the taps of a metronome. I set the birthrate of the particle's cells controls to zero and attach an Audio parameter behavior to it. I have this behavior's scale value set to about 5, meaning when the click goes off, the birthrate slider will jump to 5 (5 particles per second). This works well but not all the time, given the Beats Per Minute of the click track and the birth rate following seconds, some times the beat will yield no new particles, sometimes it will yield 2 on one beat.

Can anyone think of a better solution?

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 7:16 AM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2015 5:19 AM in response to horsesbreed

Initial number is set to zero also? Verify that birth randomness is set to zero. I've never tried this, but sounds interesting. What I would do is make a click track with a very heavy, loud bass drum, and snare together, to cover the audio spectrum very well. I'm going to have to test this and get back to you.

Making particles appear to the beat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.