Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to ios 8.2 and VGA adapter no longer works

I updated to iOS 8.2 yesterday and my Lightning to VGA Apple-brand adapter no longer works. I get an error message that reads, "Downloading accessory firmware. Your accessory will not function until the download completes." There is, however, nothing downloading. Any idea how to download the firmware necessary or how to solve the problem?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 7:25 AM

13 replies

Mar 12, 2015 2:14 AM in response to marianne140

first, make sure you have lots of time (3-4 hours).

2. Hook your iPhone/iPad to your computer and start iTunes

3. On the sync screen for your divice back up your divice to your computer. This is in the centre part of the sync screen. Backup to your computer is faster to restore than using iCloud.

4. Turn off find my device in the settings menu on it in the iCloud settings (at the bottom, scroll down)

5. in the top part of the sync screen you will see a button labeled Restore click it and then leave it to run. My restore took 3 hours.

6. Once your device is back to factory settings, (it will have synced your Apps etc) I did a second sync and turned find my iPad on again.

7. My adapter is working again.

Updated to ios 8.2 and VGA adapter no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.