Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

software/keyboard issues. After uploading Snow Leopard - 03/10/15 - I am no longer able to adjust the speaker volume on my iMac. All other keyboard functions seem fine. But when I press the speaker key - F12, the Dashboard pops up.

I used Leopard to erase my hard drive, then discovered I couldn't download the latest Adobe Flash without first upgrading to Snow Leopard, which I did, after purchasing, receiving (03/10/15), and installing last night. Now, even though I can type with the keyboard, I am unable to adjust my speaker volume using the designated speaker keys....F10, F11 & F12. When I push those keys the Dashboard pops up, but depressing these keys does not affect speaker volume, up, down, etc. Again......typing keys seem unaffected.

iMAC, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 9:34 AM

1 reply

Mar 13, 2015 12:59 PM in response to DACRAM7

Greetings DACRAM7,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your function keys on your keyboard are not working as you would expect. In this situation, I would suggest making sure the “Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys” option is unchecked in your Keyboard Preferences. Please use the attached article for more information.

How to change the behavior of function keys on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

software/keyboard issues. After uploading Snow Leopard - 03/10/15 - I am no longer able to adjust the speaker volume on my iMac. All other keyboard functions seem fine. But when I press the speaker key - F12, the Dashboard pops up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.