Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth connectivity issues after upgrading to iOS 8.2

Two days ago I upgraded to iOS 8.2 on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5S. Since then I've experienced bluetooth connectivity problems on both devices that I hadn't seen before upgrading. The issues are also happening with peripheral devices I used before upgrading with no problems.

With my iPad, I use a bluetooth Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard to take notes in class. Starting two days ago after upgrading, the keyboard suddenly disconnects with no prompting at least every 5 minutes, usually more frequently and often multiple times per minute. The signal quickly reconnects after hitting a key (which is how I typically re-connect the keyboard after not using it for a while), but it's annoying to have the iPad keyboard pop up over my notes and to miss 3-4 seconds of typing while the keyboard reconnects. It's as if the keyboard is repeatedly sent into the standby mode it's in when I turn off bluetooth on my iPad, where it knows it should pair with my iPad but the two aren't connected until I hit a key on the keyboard.

With my iPhone, I use an Amazon Basics bluetooth receiver to connect audio to my speakers. Since upgrading, the audio signal sporadically sputters and cuts in and out. The signal hasn't completely dropped yet like it does with the keyboard, but the skips are annoying to say the least. My music continues to play as though it doesn't realize the issue, so it seems to be a problem with the bluetooth signal and not the internet signal or Pandora skipping.

Since these problems only appeared after upgrading to 8.2, I'm inclined to think the upgrade is the culprit. Is anyone else having these connectivity issues? If so, has anyone found a solution or workaround?

Thanks!

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 6:23 AM

yes. i'm having the same problem with ios8.2

immediately after the upgrade bluetooth fails when more than one device connected. I think when it hits three it stutters.
I have my car, tune2air and my radar detector all connected and awful stuttering of the music like a CD skipping. Totally unacceptable.

It is clearly an IOS 8.2 update issue.

I wish i could go back to the last version.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2015 6:23 AM in response to fieldhockey44

yes. i'm having the same problem with ios8.2

immediately after the upgrade bluetooth fails when more than one device connected. I think when it hits three it stutters.
I have my car, tune2air and my radar detector all connected and awful stuttering of the music like a CD skipping. Totally unacceptable.

It is clearly an IOS 8.2 update issue.

I wish i could go back to the last version.

Mar 12, 2015 11:29 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

I do drive the speed limit 99% of the time. That's not even the point Barry. Your solution is asinine and condescending. The fact is that Apple has bugs in their new update. Also this update causes glitches with the keyboard not showing up on several apps, Safari and more.

i genrally have more than 3 devices connected to my phone via Bluetooth. Disabling my radar detector is silly. This problem seems to always happen with any amount of devices. But at the point of 3 it seems incredibly bad.

Mar 12, 2015 7:51 PM in response to fieldhockey44

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 6 Plus. I lost the connection to my car (2010 Camry) and my Garmin Vivosmart once it disconnects, it will not reconnect without restarting the bluetooth function on the phone. I tried to roll back to 8.1.3 but of course it would not let me do that. So I am stuck with Bluetooth problems with the only hope that 8.2.1 will correct this problem!

Plus, I just hate having the Apple phone app forced on me.

Mar 15, 2015 10:16 AM in response to tonyfender

my IPhone 6 has Bluetooth connections for a pebble watch, automatic car system, gm Bluetooth and belkin audio connect. After the update I have stuttering in audio playing back music. To further troubleshoot I tried using our blueflame Audio device. It has the same symptoms, sporadic stuttering audio. I hope apple can fix this issue that didn't exist in previous updates for the devices listed.

Mar 19, 2015 4:03 PM in response to GatorRich

I have an iPhone 6+ also and have a generic Bluetooth adapter in my car that worked perfectly until this 8.2 update. Everytime I start the car, the Bluetooth makes the connected chime but the indicator lights blink as if something is wrong. I have to turn off Bluetooth on my iPhone and back on every time I start the car in order to play my iPhone to my car. I stream live radio off TuneIn radio app in the car, I love it and this is the reason I bought an iPhone, because I always had Bluetooth issues on android but never with an iPhone. I really hope apple fixes this or a way I could roll back the iOS on my phone. I am so angry I might just trade this in and get a different phone.

Mar 24, 2015 4:18 AM in response to fieldhockey44

I have no solution, but the same problem.

I work with iPad3 and iPad Air and iPhone 4s.

I have 1 keyboard, that I use with each one of those devices, of course only one at a time.

Only now, after the upgrade of iPad Air and iPhone 4s, the keyboard does not connect anymore (I tried everything.) I realized the failure while working, which is most aggravating.

The keyboard still works perfectly with iPad3, where the software is not yet updated.

I hope Apple soon delivers a correction to that mistake, which simply should not have happened at all.

Mar 24, 2015 6:16 AM in response to qzrr

i downloaded the iOS 8.1.3 firmware and all is well. My phone is running better than it ever has. i found instructions and a link on redmondpie for the iOS and how to erase the phone and install the firmware I downloaded. Hint is you hold down shift key and click restore in iTunes. Bluetooth works perfectly as does everything else.

Bluetooth connectivity issues after upgrading to iOS 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.