Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing set-up

I want to set up Family Sharing. I follow the instructions and get to the screen that tells me a credit or debit card is required and am sent to Settings. In Settings it says to tap the Apple ID to add a card. (NOTE: My Apple ID already has a card securing the purchases.) When I tap, I get the screen it just gives me choices on Viewing my apple id, iForgot, and Sign out and Cancel. If I choose View - the screen just reloads, cancel brings me out of the whole set-up, iForgot-password recovery, Sign out- sign out, signed back in and nothing.

Stuck in a loop here! Can anyone give insight?

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 10:42 AM

2 replies

Mar 13, 2015 2:01 PM in response to sealymom

Greetings sealymom,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you were attempting to set up Family Sharing and add your credit card to the account. From the date and time of your post it sounds like you may have been affected by an issue that affected some Apple Services. In the attached link, you can scroll back, under Detailed Timeline, to that date and see the affected services and duration of issue. If you are still experiencing this problem, please let me know.

Apple - Support - System Status

Cheers,

Joe

Jul 7, 2015 8:04 PM in response to sealymom

I am having this same issue, and at the time I have it, the Apply System Status is all green with "No reported issues at this time".

I believe this is because I have my iphone set up to use Paypal, and I am unable to change it, since it is grayed out.

What other suggestions do you have to help me set up my Family Sharing configuration?

Thanks!

Family Sharing set-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.