Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outgoing Mail Server for 'iCloud' not working

Suddenly, My iPhone, my partner's iPhone and iPad won't send iCloud emails.

Error message says:

Cannot Connect to the Outgoing Mail Server for 'iCloud'

Mail can try to repair these settings.

'Cancel 'Repair'

User uploaded file

When I click repair, nothing seems to repair and another message comes up...

User uploaded file

I can't seem to find a way of entering the outgoing server details. It says in the error message p05-smtp.mail.me.com

but when I've tried to find out if another iCloud server should be used it seems just 'smtp.mail.me.com' should be used.

I've added this to the list, it still doesn't work and the 'p05-smtp.mail.me.com' doesn't even appear in the list..

Totally baffled! Any idea why this might suddenly happen to all our iOS devices (iPhone 4s)? My Mac works ok in Thunderbird (although has been temperamental). The outgoing server on that is set to 'smtp.mail.me.com' port 587

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 12:09 PM

5 replies

Mar 14, 2015 6:13 AM in response to PrimalUK

Hi PrimalUK,

I see that you are experiencing some issues with sending mail from your iCloud account on your iPhone. Here is an article for you that outlines some troubleshooting steps you can take to address this issue:

If you experience issues sending or receiving mail on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Check the System Status page to find out whether any known issues are affecting iCloud Mail.
  2. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet: try opening a webpage such as apple.com in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. Go to iCloud.com on a Mac or PC to verify that you can receive email for your iCloud account.
  4. Make sure that Mail is turned on in Settings > iCloud.
  5. Make sure that Push is turned on for your device in Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data. Then send an email to your account to verify that Push is working correctly.
  6. Make sure that Push is turned on for your iCloud account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data. If you're using iOS 6, tap Advanced. Then Tap your iCloud account and make sure that Push is turned on. If you have multiple iCloud Mail accounts set up on your device, Push can be used only with one account at a time. Make sure that Push is turned on for your primary iCloud Mail account.
  7. Turn your device off and back on.

If the issue persists, turn off each of the settings in steps 4, 5, and 6 above, then turn them back on. If that does not help, follow these instructions to delete the iCloud account from your device, then add the account back:

1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
  2. Tap your iCloud account.
  3. Tap Delete Account. If you store Contacts, Calendar, or Bookmarks data in iCloud, you will be given the option to keep that data.
  4. On the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars screen, tap Add Account, then tap iCloud to begin setting up your iCloud account again. If data from your device is stored in iCloud, you will be given the option to merge that data with the data on your device.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Mail - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203528

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

-Braden

Outgoing Mail Server for 'iCloud' not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.