Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic Problem

Hi everyone i was wondering if you could help me out.

I've looked everywhere on the internet for a problem I'm having with my Ipod I've had it for about 5 Years and the problems started to apear.

I put my Ipod in to my computer to add some more music and it crashed the Ipod and Itunes I took it out and did the old trick of Menu + Middle Button that didn't work it was on the apple logo for an awful long time I decided to let it die and then recharge. that didn't work. i finally got it to work and Itunes said it was currupted so I went a long and put it to factory state. This now continues in a loop It will ask me what language I will do all that when I put it in to Itunes It crashes again and doesn't go off until it dies or I reset it. can anyone help me I've run out of ideas I'm thinking the hard drive has been used that much that it's no longer going to work I would get one second hand on the internet but it's really expensive and if I can fix mine then I will.

Thanks.

iPod classic, Other OS, Ipod Operating System 2.2 I think..

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 10:33 AM

Hello Connor,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPod classic was stuck on the Apple logo after you reset it by holding down the Menu and Select buttons.

If the iPod has not been able to sync to iTunes after restoring it with iTunes, try putting the device into Disk Mode and restoring one more time.

To put your iPod in Disk Mode, use these steps:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least six seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
  3. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

Next, restore the iPod using the steps at this link:

Restoring iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If you can't put the iPod in Disk Mode, or it does not work normally after restoring, your iPod may need service. You can find out about getting service at this link under "How to get your iPod serviced:"

iPod troubleshooting basics and service FAQ - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 10:33 AM in response to Connor Holmes 95

Hello Connor,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPod classic was stuck on the Apple logo after you reset it by holding down the Menu and Select buttons.

If the iPod has not been able to sync to iTunes after restoring it with iTunes, try putting the device into Disk Mode and restoring one more time.

To put your iPod in Disk Mode, use these steps:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least six seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
  3. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

Next, restore the iPod using the steps at this link:

Restoring iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If you can't put the iPod in Disk Mode, or it does not work normally after restoring, your iPod may need service. You can find out about getting service at this link under "How to get your iPod serviced:"

iPod troubleshooting basics and service FAQ - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

Ipod Classic Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.