Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

description is garbled

I uploaded my RSS feed from Libsyn but the description is garbled I have looked online and it appears apple reads what is given so I guess I cant edit my description. Would you suggest reloading the episodes since I may no be able to edit or can I edit the text. Also the artwork did not come over very strange my first upload which was video went fine, this was audio and it did not go very well

Also which hosting service do you prefer libsyn or soundcloud? which has the least technical issues with regards to I tunes podcasting

Thanks Susan

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 3:10 PM

5 replies

Mar 11, 2015 3:59 PM in response to susancingari

I don't use Libsyn myself but it's a properly organised service with good support, though it does cost money. SoundCloud is free and just about works but people do get into difficulties with it and I imagine the support is negligible as with most free services. You gets what you pays for.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to edit your description in Libsyn and then just re-upload the feed. Subscribers will see changes immediately but the STore will probably take a couple of days to update.

When you have a query you should post the URLs of your iTunes Store page and your feed. Without these you can't really expect more than a very vague answer.

Mar 12, 2015 4:30 AM in response to susancingari

What is your iTunes store account.

Per editing your description in iTunes - in your libsyn account go to "Destinations"

Then choose "Edit" for Libsyn Classic Feed

Then add in your description / edit your description in the "Summary" box. That is what iTunes looks first for your description.

And libsyn is 100% iTunes compliant and used by around 35% of the top shows in iTunes - more than any other service.

Rob W

Mar 20, 2015 7:05 AM in response to susancingari

Wordpress feeds cause more issues than anything else on the iTunes support forums. They are not reliable and hard to manage and often break when you start adding in plugins to your wordpress site. Additionally if your podcast becomes popular - the bandwidth from the feed alone can bring do your website at many website hosts.

Sticking with libsyn would have definitely been your best choice - switching to Wordpress is a bad choice.

I would recommend going back to your libsyn feed.

Rob W

description is garbled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.