Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod Touch 4th Gen IOS 6.1.6 deletes songs

Product: iPod Touch 64gb

Product Version: 6.1.6

iTunes Version: 12.1.1.4

I connected my Ipod Touch to Itunes on my 2nd laptop a few days ago and it deleted all my songs!! (50GB worth). I reconnected to my main laptop to try and restore but it immediately done a back up so I was unable to get a proper restore. I decided to just go ahead with deleting all songs and starting from scratch on the 2nd laptop after restoring the Ipod, but after adding 2000 songs last night and leaving it syncing overnight I got up this morning to find they were all deleted. I tried adding a few songs and watched the songs copy & sync, but within a few minutes they are deleted from the Ipod.

I have done this procedure before without any real problem, so why is this happening now & is there a fix? I did update itunes in the last few days, so is there a bug? Or could it be related to the itunes store being down.

Any help appreciated

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 3:38 PM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 3:43 PM in response to Dustin W23

Hi, as I found on another thread, the only way round the problem was to delete iTunes and re-install an older version from somewhere like file hippo.com. I used 12.0.1 but unfortunately I had tried to restore my iPod previously and lost all my songs, so had to copy 64Gb worth again :-(

If you do reinstall ensure you go to preferences & turn off auto check for new version

My Ipod Touch 4th Gen IOS 6.1.6 deletes songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.