Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.2 wifi issue

iPAD air/iOS 8.2

so annoying - after upgrading to iOS 8.2 wifi has gone crazy. Immediately after it began turning on/off every 10 seconds. tried the usual suggestions - rebooting iPAD and so on - with no effect

Then tried to 'forget network' and then reestablish the connection - but now it won't accept wifi-password (and yes - it's typed correctly...!)

What to do - any suggestions?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 4:00 PM

11 replies

Mar 20, 2015 6:56 AM in response to pahus

I'm having the same issues with my ihone 5s and ipad 4. one minute I'm connected, the next I'm not. I have to always turn my data on in case I might miss something but it is battery consuming. In the middle of browsing or playing a game, my ipad gets disconnected too. I hope they fix this soon because this is getting irritating.

Mar 23, 2015 6:08 AM in response to shady nemmo

No.. I have not. Ive tried everything I can I've found online. I can connect to my phones 4g hot spot but that is it. Its got to be something in the security that changed and my router isn't talking to it but I have a useless iPad and I'm not happy. Can't use my phone all the time. I'm supposed to save data by using WiFi at home not that's my only access point. I'm disappointed nobody from apple has offered any help. Heck of a paper weight I have.

May 20, 2015 7:31 AM in response to 2john6

I have a new DrayTek Vigor 2860ac router which my iPad Mini Retina running IOS 8.3 could not log on to using the 5Ghz SSID (although the 2.4Ghz SSID was fine). I would enter the password correctly and the iPad would say it was not correct.

As suggested by 2john6, disabling WMM allowed the iPad to connect instantly. You can find this under Wireless LAN (5Ghz) / WMM Configuration in the 2860. Worryingly for Apple, all other devices I tried could connect the to network with WMM enabled. Or maybe it's a "commercial" move to encourage people to purchase their Airport routers!

The 2860ac is superb, by the way, for anyone looking for a combined VDSL/ADSL modem router and wireles access point of genuine quality. The beam-forming function seems to work very well and can be seen in action with some simple tests.

iOS 8.2 wifi issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.