Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with iTunes Match specific library

I've subscribed to iTunes Match and the family computer has music from multiple people. Is there a way to create libraries, and point iTunes Match to a specific library, and then remove the music not wanted from showing up on the iTunes Match?

Running iTunes on a Win 7 Dell, Using iPhones 5S.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 5:23 PM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2015 9:26 AM in response to deejaydan

Greetings deejaydan,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have multiple users in iTunes on your Windows computer and would like to have separate libraries for use with iTunes Match. To separate the user libraries, I would suggest reading over the attached article and following the instructions within.

How to use multiple iPhone, iPad, or iPod devices with one computer - Apple Support

Windows users

Look in your computer's Help documentation to learn how to set up other user accounts. To find this information:

1. Click the Start Menu and click Help or Help and Support.
  2. Enter "new user" in the Search field.
  3. Press Return.

If you create multiple user accounts on one computer but want the same media to be available in iTunes for all users, you can share music between different accounts on a single computer.

Cheers,

Joe

Help with iTunes Match specific library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.