Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Apple watch app

Why does apple insist on forcing me to download applications I will NEVER use (Apple watch, Apple health)? or make changes to the sounds for the phone (remove the sound when I send a text)? I would fix the grammar above but this site doesn't work correctly on the iphone.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 9:52 PM

44 replies

Mar 13, 2015 10:29 PM in response to Joseph Dalton

How can I delete this stupid apple watch app? This is my second apple iphone iPhone 6 after iphone 3GS, and I I think this will be my last one. I hate how limited and locked this ecosystem is and I guess users are finally realizing that they are not slaves of apple world. Please remove the healthcare kit app and the watch app. I couldn't care less about you trying to make money on these products.

Mar 15, 2015 3:08 AM in response to Drew Reece

Drew Reece wrote:

Or move it into a folder with the other apps you never use & can't delete.

Good advice, since you can't delete Apple Apps. I have a folder called 'Apple Sh1t' on my iPhone where I keep all the un-used Apple Apps that I have no choice in. Most of the imposed unwanted Apple Gash has found it's way in there. It's a very busy folder now.

Mar 15, 2015 3:10 AM in response to andriylviv

andriylviv wrote:

How can I delete this stupid apple watch app? This is my second apple iphone iPhone 6 after iphone 3GS, and I I think this will be my last one. I hate how limited and locked this ecosystem is and I guess users are finally realizing that they are not slaves of apple world. Please remove the healthcare kit app and the watch app. I couldn't care less about you trying to make money on these products.

Tell Apple, not us.

feedback

Pete

Mar 15, 2015 3:15 AM in response to petermac87

petermac87 wrote:

Tell Apple, not us.

feedback

Pete

We don't need to tell them. They're already fully aware of what they are doing.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/03/13/screenshots-expose-activity-apple-watc h-app-hidden-in-ios-82

"Some controversy emerged this week when iPhone owners discovered that iOS 8.2 automatically installs the Apple Watch companion app and won't let them delete it, regardless of whether they actually have a Watch. The company is also removing rival fitness trackers from its stores, and both factors have led to complaints that Apple is trying to "push" the Watch on iPhone owners."

Mar 15, 2015 3:38 AM in response to andriylviv

andriylviv wrote:

It will be fixed when this garbage gets removed from my phone that I paid for.

Submitted the feedback. with all honesty, I regret spending all this money on this phone. Not only It has Bluetooth and now it is collecting apps that I will never use nor want.

Get a different phone. Although you cannot delete system Apps from most of them.

Pete

Mar 15, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Dogboy73

Dogboy73 wrote:

Drew Reece wrote:

Or move it into a folder with the other apps you never use & can't delete.

Good advice, since you can't delete Apple Apps. I have a folder called 'Apple Sh1t' on my iPhone where I keep all the un-used Apple Apps that I have no choice in. Most of the imposed unwanted Apple Gash has found it's way in there. It's a very busy folder now.

Mine was called Crapple for quite a while, but now it's just called 'Useless'. Only Apple apps have this privilege.

This seems like a good idea for a suggestion to Apple…

http://sixcolors.com/post/2015/03/wish-list-remove-apple-apps-on-ios/(TLDR: ask Apple for an option to hide the system apps you don't use).

See if this cheers you up…

https://medium.com/matter/all-the-iphone-apps-you-can-t-delete-are-there-for-ric h-people-5aca5d100855

or use the internet to find another answer.

Mar 16, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Drew Reece

I got this from an Apple Support person, totally clueless:

Thanks for choosing Apple.

Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support. I am Karl, your iTunes Store Advisor, and I am happy to be of assistance to your concern.

I understand that after you updated your iOS, you found an Apple watch pre installed in your device and you want to uninstall it. I can certainly recognize the urgency and importance of this matter. Rest assured that I will provide the correct resolution to resolve your issue.

Thomas, to uninstall the app from your device, follow these steps:

1. Tap and hold the icon until it begins to wiggle.
2. Tap the X next to the icon.
3. Choose Delete.

Let me provide also the steps on how to delete an app from your computer, you might need it for future use. Here they are:

1. Open iTunes.
2. From the left sidebar, choose Apps.
3. Click on the app you want to delete.
4. Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
5. Choose Delete App.

I hope that the information was able to help with your concern. If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us again. I will surely be glad assisting you again. Have a nice day!

Mar 22, 2015 8:10 AM in response to Joseph Dalton

I think most people don't really see the larger implication of a company that takes advantage of their customer base by forcing installation of unwanted software. Think Microsoft and the antitrust lawsuits in the 90's. The problem here is that I want the security enhancements of an updated iOS but am being forced to install secondary apps that - currently - are nothing more than marketing. Yes, I can hide these apps, but why should I have to? The original bloatware was already problematic. One would think, that a company renowned for design would ensure they did not duplicate the same flaw. Packaging the app with an update is simply a marketing maneuver. A transparent and cliche move by a company from which we expect something more .... innovative.

As for those believing that Apple can do with their product as they see fit - customers can turn on a dime. One need only look at Blackberry to see how the mighty can fall.

Mar 22, 2015 8:16 AM in response to Arkalus

Because Apple felt that Apple Watch app had to be part of iOS to function properly so they included it with the release of iOS just as they have numerous other apps in that same category.

So you have two choices either don't upgrade so that you don't get the app or upgrade for the security fix and get the app. Whining and moaning about the Apple Watch app here is not going to do any good with this at all.

Remove Apple watch app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.