Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having problems fully installing Garage Band on Yosemite

I downloaded Garage Band 10 for Yosemite but never could get the application to fully install. It kept saying "Loops and Sounds could not be installed". I read one solution was to un-install Garage Band and then reinstall. The only way I could un-install was to drag into the trash can. Now I can't find the app in my "Purchased Apps" folder. Do I have to purchase the app again?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Garage Band 10

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 10:25 PM

5 replies

Mar 12, 2015 1:17 AM in response to debrjessee

Now I can't find the app in my "Purchased Apps" folder. Do I have to purchase the app again?

Are you using the same AppleiD, as when you set up your Mac or purchased GarageBand? Sign into the AppStore with exactly the same Apple ID.

When did you last check the AppStore? Yesterday the servers of the Apple Stores did not work. (http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/)

Your purchase may be hidden, see: Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store - Apple Support

Apr 10, 2015 8:01 AM in response to léonie

I'm having a similar problem. After a fresh install of GarageBand on Yosemite I go to open GB. "Basic Content Download" screen comes up. "GarageBand wants to install your download or instruments and sounds. Type your password to allow this."

I type my password.

"GarageBand was not able to install the new sounds. Close and re-open GarageBand to download and install them again." Done this dance now seven or eight times.

I've repaired permissions. I've tried to find and delete the "library" file through the finder, cannot locate it.

Please help. I really want to use GarageBand.

Having problems fully installing Garage Band on Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.