Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iCloud photo library is not up loading

my iCloud photo library is not uploading

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 9:22 PM

28 replies

Apr 11, 2015 12:25 PM in response to ghanimGG

I'm having the same issue on my iMac and I'm convinced it's simply not showing progress. Looking at the iPad I'm seeing some photo's from 2013 trickling in, I think it's just not proficient at showing realtime progress of photo's uploading. If you download something like little snitch, it will show your upload usage in real time, and it's showing "cloudd" is uploading constantly.

Apr 15, 2015 9:47 PM in response to ghanimGG

I think I am one more user that has not been able to successfully upload photos to iCloud Library. I just can't believe Apple released such a bad user experience within a software. No progress bar updating?! no feedback?! app working only when not in background?! hours to upload 4 iphone photos?! no network activity throbber?!

I buy 200GB extra storage for using with iCloud Photo Library... but, the app is NOT WORKING!!

Photos app gets stuck when uploading photos. Literally, I left my laptop turned on for 12 hrs uploading no more than 1000 photos and when I came back, it hasn't upload even 1 photo!!!!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU APPLE??!!! since last year, the quality of your software is not meeting general expectations.

Please help!

May 11, 2015 3:37 PM in response to Angel Jonathan GM

I love how Google Drive's app for photo backup on my iphone, somehow works seamlessly with my photos, running in the background backing everything up flawlessly...and yet apples own software can't store my photos without problems. It's been months now, and they aren't fixing it. Its frustrating. If I wanted to use a 3rd party app, I'd be on an android platform. And what's up with icloud drive? Could we please get THAT together? I'm tired of having things in multiple cloud storage apps instead of having the ability to fully utilize icloud drive....sigh.

May 12, 2015 12:00 AM in response to ghanimGG

Same.

Over the past week, my new photos have stopped uploading from my iPhone to iCloud Photo Library. Doesn't make a difference if I'm on wifi or LTE, currently the Photos Settings says "Wi-Fi Required - 198 Items to Upload" but this number just keeps growing as I take more photos and no photos are actually uploaded while I'm on Wifi.

Any updates on anyone being helped by Apple on how to fix this?

Jul 3, 2015 10:18 AM in response to ghanimGG

I can't seem to get my Apple Photos Library to be in sync with Photos on my computer. I've had photos that I added to my computer weeks ago and they still don't appear on my phone. I'm not sure whats up with this new Photos app. I'm starting to look at other things to manage my photos. If someone has an idea, please post.

Jul 27, 2015 10:27 AM in response to ghanimGG

One week ago, my iPhone's photo app stopped syncing with "iCloud Photo Library" too, although iPad photo app still syncs. Both the phone and the iPad have "iCloud photo library" and "upload to photo stream" ticked off, under "Settings".

So what gives? Is this just an iCloud Photo Library problem, and does it occur only with the iPhone? Do we need to go back to connecting our phones to our computers, to have access to our photos? One step forward, two steps back: Photo Stream worked pretty well, prior to existence of iCloud Photo Library; and iCloud Photo Library was working great, until a week ago. A glitch has occurred.

If you want to be the best there is, then be the best there is, Apple...

my iCloud photo library is not up loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.