Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need HELP!!!! I'm Getting A New iPhone And i Was Wonder How Can i Transfer My Messages To The New iPhone Ima Get?

Need HELP!!!! I'm Getting A New iPhone And i Was Wonder How Can i Transfer My Messages To The New iPhone Ima Get??

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 10:44 PM

5 replies

Mar 12, 2015 9:12 AM in response to PkLalo5

I cant't tell since I do not understand the exact sequence you described.

What you need to do is;

- Make iTunes backup of the iPhone

- Restore the iPod from that iPhone backup

NOTE:

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

- Then you can do what you want with the iPhone.

NOTE

if you restore the iPhone and then sync (the first step of the sync is to backup the iPhone) the previous backup of the iPhone will be overwritten with the canges

Mar 26, 2015 12:58 AM in response to PkLalo5

Nice article!! I would be interested in seeing a story where there is not a PC/Mac involved. I have been looking for some way to back up sms from iphones and an ipad to a single spot. I use Dropbox as you noted above to get all our IOS device photos in one spot. The challenge is getting these to the hard drive in my home. Ideally I would like to do this without a computer attached and more of a Dropbox appliance. I can dream.

Need HELP!!!! I'm Getting A New iPhone And i Was Wonder How Can i Transfer My Messages To The New iPhone Ima Get?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.