Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access Quicktime Pro?

Ok, so I have a legally purchased FCS for a number of years now, but only recently did I find out that I never had Quicktime Pro installed when I installed FCS applications. How do I solve this problem? I would like to use it especially to compress files once exported from FCP 7.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 5:17 AM

8 replies

Apr 11, 2015 6:37 PM in response to PPLIFE

QuickTimes Pro applies only to the QuickTime Player 7 which you should find in Application/Utilities if you are using Mavericks or Yosemite (not sure about Lion/Mountain Lion). The Quicktime X player which comes with the modern systems does not have the Pro option.

Pro is not a separate program: open QuickTime Player 7 and from the QuickTime Player 7 menu choose 'Registration' - if you are registered for the Pro option it should show there.

Mar 16, 2015 2:16 AM in response to thesurreyfriends

Thank you thesurreyfriends and Roger for the help. I am getting closer to solving this problem. I checked in utilities folder and I did not have QT7. I installed using the link provided by thesurreyfriends. Now, comes the registration part to unlock the pro features, it is asking for the registration code. I am looking at all my installation CDs and documentation, I do not see any, apart from the FCS Serial number. What do I do now?

Mar 16, 2015 10:04 AM in response to PPLIFE

I had QT7 installed before installing FCS.

When FCS was installed it unlocked the Pro capabilities.

Your situation is that FCS is installed before QuickTime 7 is installed.

I would not have thought that the order of installation would have made a difference, but it seems to have done so.

The registration code for QT7 Pro is sent from Apple by email to those who buy the Pro facility.

As you are not buying it, you should not need a registration code.

Important:

Installing Final Cut Studio and entering the serial number automatically

unlocks the extended multimedia capabilities of QuickTime Pro.

The above is from the Installation instructions for FCS, and assumes QT7 is installed first.

Hopefully some one else can offer some help here, as I'm out of ideas, apart from re-installing FCS.

Anybody?

Mar 16, 2015 11:16 AM in response to PPLIFE

There is no app called QuickTime Pro. It is called QuickTime Player 7.app.

Does FCP, and the other FCS apps launch and run? Then you have QuickTime Pro.

Are you the administrator of the computer? Are you logged in as such?

If you launch QuickTime Player 7 and your edit menu looks like this:

User uploaded file

Then you have QuickTime Pro. Don't worry about what the registration pane says.

MtD

How do I access Quicktime Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.