Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right side of the earphones won't play music.

I was listening to music and the iPod Classic was working fine, and then it suddenly stopped playing through the right side of the earphones. I thought the problem as from the earphones, but they worked just fine on other devices, and any earphones or headphones I tried for the iPod it was the same problem. But when I press down on any side of the iPod, or when I push the pore of the earphones sideways they work fine, until I release the pressure and then the right side stops working again. What can be the cause of the problem? I am currently out of the States, and don't fully trust the shops where I am now.

iPod classic, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 5:26 AM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2015 2:43 PM in response to LoriDreik

Hi LoriDreik,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that when any headphones are connected to your iPod Classic, sound only plays from the left speaker. By the way you describe the issue, with the sound working as expected when you press on the iPod, it sounds like your device may need to be evaluated for service. For more information on this process, please review the attached link.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Best regards,

Joe

Right side of the earphones won't play music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.