Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get mail via IMAP after security update 2015-002

Since installing security update 2015-002 I cannot now receive emails via IMAP on my MacBook air running Yosemite. I am told that the username or password is incorrect, but I have not changed these. The mail server is working fine and I can receive via my iPAD. I can also send from my MacBook - just receiving that fails.

Has anyone else had a problem?

Thanks Julia

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 5:52 AM

9 replies

Mar 13, 2015 3:42 AM in response to juliatill

I have the same issues. The Inbox will not sync with my Yahoo account, however the Trash, Bulk and Sent folders will sync. Have recreated the account on the computer several times. Watching the activity log and continue seeing fetch errors. As a test, I setup an old GMail account on my Mac and it worked fine, email appeared in Inbox also immediately after sending from iPad. Still able to get emails on my iPhone and iPad. ?????

Mar 13, 2015 4:25 AM in response to oracledba

As others here, I cannot use Mail on two accounts I have for my wife and I. Both accounts with the same ISP. I have tried everything like unchecking the SSL box but since this blank, blank update, the machine will not retain the changes I make to the Preferences. It just reverts back to a checked SSL box. I have removed com.apple.mail.savedState and tried to find the com.apple.mail.plist, but that is nowhere to be found. It appears to have gone AWOL with this annoying update. I have found an answer that appears to work and that is to make Apple Mail redundant and use another Mail Client. I have tried using Thunderbird and that appears to work fine.

The other answer would be for Mr Apple to get his backside in gear and revert back to what the situation was before the update. Everything worked fine. Obviously the security update works because nobody can get their machines to work properly!!

cheers

altv

Mar 27, 2015 8:27 AM in response to Katherine Dickson

The problem with my Mac is always that the SSL tick keeps coming back under my Mail/Preferences/Advanced tab. Once I remove the Use SSL tick my mail synchronises OK but the tick seemed to always come back when I next try to access my mail. However, the problem has gone away for the last 3 days since I ALSO removed the tick on that same menu from "Automatically detect and maintain account settings". So far so good, Hope this works for other people too. Julia Till

Cannot get mail via IMAP after security update 2015-002

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.