Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5 screen is shattered

I use an iPhone 5, which I bought in Jan 2013. I went to the Apple authorised reseller here in Hyderabad (Conquer technology) and he claimed it takes about 320 USD to get a replacement. I've been reading everywhere that the cost of replacement is 149$. Is he over-quoting? Or are the rules different in India?

I really need to get my phone replaced as soon as is possible. I don't see many options available. What do I do?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3, Bought in Jan 2013

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 9:07 AM

3 replies

Mar 12, 2015 9:57 AM in response to ABH79

The prices on Apple sites are Apple prices at an Apple Store

Authorised Apple service Providers , AASP ( for iPhone ) can charge as they see fit

In the US Apple can replace the glass if that is the only damage for US$129 + tax

An out of warranty exchange refurbished device is US$269 + tax

However you are in India and the only solution is an exchange device identical to the donor device

Ensure the AASP you chose is authorised for iPhone

Not all AASPs are iPhone approved see here for listings

https://locate.apple.com/in/en/

My iphone 5 screen is shattered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.