Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it my Iphone?

Background:

I got a replacement phone two months ago (blue 5s) - same phone I have had for about 2 years (the past phone connected with my car the moment it turned on), but now when trying to pair with my Kia Forte, it doesn't even come up as a device on my phone. What could this be? I reset my network settings, factory settings, looked on forums. I just do not understand why it would all of a sudden stop!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 8:15 AM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2015 7:50 AM in response to bmallas

Hello bmallas,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the iPhone is not finding or pairing with a bluetooth car connection. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections - Apple Support

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and then on again.
  2. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is turned on and fully charged or connected to power.
  3. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is in pairing mode.1
  4. Restart your iOS device.

1. Restart your Bluetooth accessory by turning it off and then on again1.
  2. Update your device to the latest version of software. See how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If the steps above have not resolved the Bluetooth behavior you are experiencing, perform a software restore in iTunes.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Is it my Iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.