Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.2 update now Safari freezing on iPad Air

Since the 8.2 update only one iPad Air has the problem of Safari freezing. I updated iPad Mini X 2, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPad Air X 2. I don't understand why only one of the devices is having the problem and also do not know how to resolve this issue. I would appreciate any input.

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 8:56 AM

9 replies

Mar 15, 2015 8:14 AM in response to sharonfromdeer park

Hey there Sharon,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like Safari stops responding intermittently on your iPad Air since updating it to the latest version of iOS. If you haven’t already, try restarting your device as shown in the article below.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue persists, you can also restore the iPad as shown here:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Ciao,

-Jason

Mar 17, 2015 12:30 PM in response to Jason L

I am having the same freezing problem with our iPad Air. Already tried everything above that was mentioned by Jason L, but it wasn't a permanent fix. Restored it to factory settings and reinstalled from back up which helped for a day or so, then the problem returned. Next i will try restoring it again, but start from scratch. If that doesn't work, we will make a genius appointment. I which Apple would offer a fix and update the 8.2 IOS.

Mar 17, 2015 1:35 PM in response to sharonfromdeer park

Yes. I just finished restoring it and then starting as a new iPad since the restore from previous backup was in a permanent fix. Signed in with my iCloud ID so most of my settings were preserved. However I had to re-sign into my YouTube account Facebook HBO go showtime Amazon prime etc. but I'm good at keeping my password so that wasn't too bad. Restoring from the last back up and help me for one or two days will see how long this fix holds

Sent from my iPhone

Mar 22, 2015 4:23 AM in response to Cjmills

We had to do a restore to orignal settings and start over as a new iPad. The restore and back up from previous back up didn't fix it. It is working much better now, but safari still gets a little buggy: when on Facebook, a pop up window comes up and unless you click okay, you can't continue. The whole thing freezes. I don't know what clicking okay does, but then it works fine. You would have to reinstall all of your apps and settings and passwords. If you sign in with iCloud, as least all of those setting are preserved even when starting over as a new iPad. Hopefully Apple will have a fix soon.

8.2 update now Safari freezing on iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.