Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix this error message?

I've just tried uploading my first book, produced in iBooks Author, but get the following error message:

Error ITMS-9000: "Unable to parse opt file: container.xml" at Book

Does anyone know what it means, and how to fix it?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 2:55 PM

I did lots of research before posting this, and found quite a few people have experienced the same problem.

So after posting, I decided to phone Apple iBooks support too, and one remark in the conversation we had led me to the solution. It might work for you too:

"...have you double-checked the names of all the files to see if there are characters in there that might mess things up" (not word for word, but you know what i mean).

I did, and there were. I got rid of an asterisk, and a hyphen (both in just one file name) and tried again - and the upload went smoothly straightaway.

It's something you might know, but easily overlook.

Thanks to Sara at Apple for reminding me - and hope it works for you too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2015 2:55 PM in response to citroenDS

I did lots of research before posting this, and found quite a few people have experienced the same problem.

So after posting, I decided to phone Apple iBooks support too, and one remark in the conversation we had led me to the solution. It might work for you too:

"...have you double-checked the names of all the files to see if there are characters in there that might mess things up" (not word for word, but you know what i mean).

I did, and there were. I got rid of an asterisk, and a hyphen (both in just one file name) and tried again - and the upload went smoothly straightaway.

It's something you might know, but easily overlook.

Thanks to Sara at Apple for reminding me - and hope it works for you too.

how to fix this error message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.