Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Conference call on FaceTime ?

I am new to this discussion site...I have a question about face time, is it possible to face time more than one person at a time?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 9:17 AM

3 replies

Mar 12, 2015 9:29 AM in response to GingerMag

Hi GingerMag

Under the older Apple application iChat you could group conference up to 5 individuals I believe I myself did with three.

Under FaceTime it is only one on one. Although I have been able to Facetime from my Mac to one, Facetime from my iPad to another, and Facetime to one more via Facetime on my iPhone all at the same time. I can see all three on the three devices but they only see me.

Microsoft owns Sykpe now. Skype does have Group Conferencing. I have not tried it for a group, but have used it from time to time with PC Window friends, and the video is pretty good.

I emailed Tim Cook before Christmas and complained that FaceTime did not have the capability to video conference like Apple's previous iChat application would. Of course no reply.

Best

Mike

Conference call on FaceTime ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.