Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.2 sync problem

I updated my iPhone 6 Plus to IOS 8.2 Now my phone will not sync to iTunes. It goes to step 6 "Importing Photos" and then it gets stuck. I only have 55 photos to import but sync will not continue. The sync icon spins but the sync will not finish. Please fix.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 9:59 AM

Same here, however mine hangs during step 2 "Backup"! Hopefully, someone has the solution.

iPhone 6 Plus

Macbook Pro OSX Yosemite

16 replies

Mar 13, 2015 8:56 AM in response to wiesiu1956

I'm having a somewhat related problem. I always sync a photos folder from my PC via itunes (mostly for wallpaper use) and it's limiting me to only 16 pics since I updated to iOS 8.2 this morning (I had 106 on it before the update!).

I seem to remember reading that only 16 gb of 'photos/videos' is allowed via itunes now (I switched on the Photo Beta, then switched off again when I realized that all my photos would go to the cloud storage service...until manually deleted (nightmare, my kids take hundreds of pics a week!)...I'm thinking it has to do with the new Photo iCloud Beta...trying to force users to upload all storage to the Cloud (a paid service past a small free amount).

I haven't found a way yet to side-load or backwards sync from PC to iPhone after this update. Going to try emailing the pics to my iphone via my gmail account and forcing device storage that way (I bought a 64gb 6+ for this purpose).

Annoying...why buy a device that holds a ton of stuff if you can't access it?!

Mar 17, 2015 2:03 PM in response to Lyndalu18

Same happened to me when I tried to copy a CD the way it has always been, the best way, to no avail. I could play it in iTunes but not download.

So, I reverted to good old drag and drop. It worked. So, just drag your CD into the Playlists column of several unnecessary columns. It will copy if you drag and drop onto the Playlist music part, not into the column on the far left of iTunes Playlist but directly onto the list itself.

Same issue that started after Security Update and OS update for iPhone. Backing up via the cloud but cannot get iTunes to recognize iPhone.

Guess I have too much Apple around here, once a glitch hits Apple hits the "it's you not me" key on any response.

Mar 22, 2015 9:08 AM in response to wiesiu1956

Since updating to 8.2 on my iPad 3 and my iphone 5, syncing to icloud and across devices simply hasn't worked.

For Pages and Numbers, I've started regularly sending copies of my documents to the app Documents, which stores them locally.

I sincerely hope that Apple repairs the problems with icloud syncing very soon. I use my iPad as my primary writing device at home.

Apr 18, 2015 5:21 PM in response to wiesiu1956

I am having this issue with iTunes 12.1.2.27 and iOS 8.3, iPad Air 2.

The problem was intermittent and is now happening every time I try to sync. I have 11,543 photos in Photos app (not iPhoto).

When a sync is initiated, iTunes tries to backup and within about a second I get the error message:

iTunes could not back up the iPad "NAME" because the iPad disconnected.

By skipping the backup, it has updated a set of photos that I deleted some from, but it's stuck on "Step 7 of 7: Waiting for changes to be applied".

IOS 8.2 sync problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.