Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

isight camera not working

I disabled isight cam but it was a mistake, can anybody help please?

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 11:04 AM

3 replies

Mar 13, 2015 4:30 AM in response to Tesserax

Thank you Tesserax... I tried all but to no avail. You see my problem is; I disabled the isight camera so to use an USB camera because when I was in Photo Booth and clicked "camera" there was only one option and no "USB" recognised is why I disabled...

to further my problem, I have no idea how to re-enable the isight camera to be able to ichat?

Could you help please?

Mar 13, 2015 12:10 PM in response to dennis206uk

Just to be sure I understand. You checked System Profiler and under Hardware > Camera, it shows that you have either an iSight or FaceTime camera built-in AND you reset your MacBook PMU ... and you are still not able to access your iSight camera?

If that is the case, it may be possible that the camera has failed or something else. This area of the Apple Support Communities is about Apple networking. You may find that you can get better results if you post to the MacBook area.

isight camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.