Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stopped connecting to MacBook Pro

After upgrading to Yosemite and latest version of IOS my iPhone automatically connected to my MacBook Pro (and other iMac's) when in proximity. So messages and calls to/from iPhone were also directed to other OS X devices. out of the blue this stopped working - any ideas on how to re-enable / troubleshoot.

Note on my iPhone Settings/Messages/Text message forwarding was OFF so I turned it on and it asked me to enter the code displayed on my MBP but no such code was displayed.

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Mar 12, 2015 4:45 PM in response to ckuan

Yes thanks - I have just noticed that my MacBook and iPhone are signed into different iCloud accounts HOWEVER both of these are really aliases created as Apple moved from MobileMe to iCloud - so i have x.y@mac.com, x.y@me.com and x.y@icloud.com - I would have thought that any of these would be considered that same iCloud account.

I am a bit nervous about logging out / back in on one of these devices as I get all sorts of warning about deleting contacts, calendars, ......

Mar 12, 2015 5:00 PM in response to Pat Schafer

Yes, they're alias. I only use them as a mail account.

Use your same Apple ID (e-mail address) for all your devices' iCloud account unless you have a reason not to;

Can I still use my mac.com ID as an Apple ID?

If you signed up for .Mac before July 11, 2008, and also had an active account after July 11, 2008, then your mac.com ID will still work as an Apple ID for purchases on the iTunes Store, Apple Online Store, and to purchase Apple print products created with iPhoto or Aperture. You can continue to use your mac.com ID or your new me.com ID as an Apple ID (both names access the same account).

Note: If your MobileMe or .Mac account has expired, you should change the email address associated with the Apple ID. See Expired user names still valid for other services for more information.

from Frequently asked questions about Apple ID - Apple Support

iPhone stopped connecting to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.