Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing Co-Workers apple id from iCloud

My iPhone 5 broke the other day so I bought a 64 GB iPhone 5s (Software version 8.1) from a co-worker before he moved, but his apple id is still connected to iCloud. I live overseas so I can't contact him and I need the issue resolved as soon as possible. how do I remove his apple id from iCloud without the password so that I can use mine?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 7:23 PM

You have to contact him and only he can remove the Activation Lock (switch Find My iPhone off to de-activate).

He should have done what written below:

Do I need to turn off Find My iPhone before giving away my device?

Yes. Before giving your device to someone else, always turn off Find My iPhone to ensure that the other person will be able to activate and use the device normally. The best way to do this is to erase all content and settings from your device before handing it over. This will completely erase your device, turn off Find My iPhone, and remove the device from your iCloud account. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

For more information, read what to do before selling or giving away your device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2015 7:23 PM in response to DowntownEskimo

You have to contact him and only he can remove the Activation Lock (switch Find My iPhone off to de-activate).

He should have done what written below:

Do I need to turn off Find My iPhone before giving away my device?

Yes. Before giving your device to someone else, always turn off Find My iPhone to ensure that the other person will be able to activate and use the device normally. The best way to do this is to erase all content and settings from your device before handing it over. This will completely erase your device, turn off Find My iPhone, and remove the device from your iCloud account. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

For more information, read what to do before selling or giving away your device.

Removing Co-Workers apple id from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.