Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I locate link speed on iPhone

I was wondering how one would find the link speed on an iPhone/ iOS?

On my Mac this would be done Network Utility> Info tab > wi-fi > Link Speed, I am not sure how to find this info on iPhone.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 6:05 PM

7 replies

Mar 14, 2015 11:48 AM in response to staygold512

Adblock plus is your friend for cleaning up the internet.

The best way to see the speed of your network connection is for iPhone is to see how fast it runs, that is why I recommended running the ookla speed test app, not website.

It doesn't tell link speed, but you can see the speed is and evaluate relative performance from that.

Also, turn off the slower bands on your wifi router, which by the way, what wifi router do you have?

Mar 26, 2015 7:46 AM in response to chattphotos

I will give Adblock plus a test drive, but in the OS X world I have not seen a plugin or extension do anything but slow down browsing.

My router is the Airport Extreme ac.

To return to my original question. I'm looking for a way to find the link speed of iOS devices to research why and iPhone 6 might speed test slower than Mac Book Pro. My guess was processor & memory, another thread mentioned link speed.

Apr 2, 2015 8:45 AM in response to staygold512

The iPhone 6 has a smaller wifi antenna than a computer, so its the trade-off, more battery life or more performance.

My iPhone 5S can reach 100mbps on the speed test under optimal wifi conditions. (my router is only N300, so this is normal)

What are you doing on the phone that needs the maximum bandwidth?

To answer your main question- It is normal for a phone to speed test slower than the computer.

You probably won't notice a difference between 10mbps and 100mbps as the next bottleneck is due to the processing power.

So, browser extensions slow down the speed? Not that I can see.

It didn't reach 1gbps due to the demand on speed test server, not the browser extensions.

User uploaded file

How can I locate link speed on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.