Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

linksys wusb56g does not see airport extreme

Yes I know its an old wifi adapter, but I need to wirelessly connect an old XP computer (software up to date) to the inter-web via my APEx.

I have several 802.11g devices which can see my wifi, but the subject adapter does not.

Here's the tough part. I can see some of the access points, but not my own which is right beside the APEx!

I have set my APEx to all three available radio combinations with the same NON result:

802.11a/n - 80211.b/g/n (automatic)

802.11a/n - 80211.b/g

802.11a - 802.11b/g

I used this adapter before, many years before, but never with the APEx.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Barry

MacBook Pro, Other OS, iPhone 5, Yosemite APExtreme

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 7:19 PM

Make sure the Extreme is using a wireless name that is SMB compliant.. ie short, no spaces and pure alphanumeric.

Start with no security on the Extreme.. can the linksys adapter see the wireless now.. this is a brief test..

No luck test on fixed wireless channels.. 2.4ghz .. try channel, 11, 9, 6.

Still no luck it is not compatible.. it is often a driver issue so download the latest available.. make sure XP is sp3 and fully updated.

No luck.. well it is end game.. there is nothing else you can do to fix it. Not all wireless works with all other wireless.

Get an express.. and use it as a wireless bridge for the XP computer so all it needs to cope with is ethernet.. !!

If it works at any stage.. immediately put security back but WPA & WPA2 is probably the best you can do.. do not use WPA2 personal..

Make sure any password is pure alphanumeric mix of case and numbers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2015 7:19 PM in response to bholtzkener

Make sure the Extreme is using a wireless name that is SMB compliant.. ie short, no spaces and pure alphanumeric.

Start with no security on the Extreme.. can the linksys adapter see the wireless now.. this is a brief test..

No luck test on fixed wireless channels.. 2.4ghz .. try channel, 11, 9, 6.

Still no luck it is not compatible.. it is often a driver issue so download the latest available.. make sure XP is sp3 and fully updated.

No luck.. well it is end game.. there is nothing else you can do to fix it. Not all wireless works with all other wireless.

Get an express.. and use it as a wireless bridge for the XP computer so all it needs to cope with is ethernet.. !!

If it works at any stage.. immediately put security back but WPA & WPA2 is probably the best you can do.. do not use WPA2 personal..

Make sure any password is pure alphanumeric mix of case and numbers.

linksys wusb56g does not see airport extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.