Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Had to restore iPhone, now can't do iCloud backup

I had to do a full restore on my iPhone 6. Backed up on iTunes on computer first, an an iCloud backup.

Did restore, from iTunes, set back up etc. I normally use iCloud for backups, I have 20Gb plan.

Now I tried to initiate an iCloud backup it says not enough space.

Says my iCloud photo library is 13.5Gb, next iPhone backup is 5.8Gb, so not enough space.

Before restore it was backing up fine, so presume that after restore it's "ID" or something?

Anyone help I'm stuck....

few notes...

iCloud photo library beta was on before and after restore

Optimise iPhone storage is checked

Last iCloud backup states 1.8Gb.

I think my iPhone after the restore has changed ID/device no/hash ID or something. I've just opened my bank app and it's required me to "register my device for banking". This previously was registered so my bank app had identified it as a new device and I had to go through the registration process again..

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 2:11 AM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2015 4:14 PM in response to QwertyMan11

Hi QwertyMan11,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

You may find these tips helpful if iCloud doesn't have enough storage space to create a new backup after you've restored your iPhone:

Get help creating an iCloud backup - Apple Support

I can't back up because there's not enough storage available.

If your iCloud storage reaches its maximum capacity, you can take any of these actions:

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Had to restore iPhone, now can't do iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.