Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New 12" Macbook (the 10 April 2015 release) with USB-C: Will it be possible to connect a 27" LED Cinema Display (model A1316 which uses a Mini Displayport) while charing the notebook? I don't see any adapters out that support DisplayPort plus chargin

New 12" Macbook (the 10 April 2015 release) with USB-C: Will it be possible to connect a 27" LED Cinema Display (model A1316 which uses a Mini Displayport) while charing the notebook? I don't see any adapters out that support DisplayPort plus charging?

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 1:19 AM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2015 7:31 PM in response to louisfromepsom

I don't see any adapters at all to make that possible...and I have the same question! I found this

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B003LGOWNQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&co lid=25AW53PJPS0RF&coliid=I1JWHQR13OB9BU

Which technically goes from mini DP to HDMI and then you'd connect a HDMI cable to the Apple adapter they have for the new macbook. But will it work? No idea.

New 12" Macbook (the 10 April 2015 release) with USB-C: Will it be possible to connect a 27" LED Cinema Display (model A1316 which uses a Mini Displayport) while charing the notebook? I don't see any adapters out that support DisplayPort plus chargin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.